[CFD] disk format fixing

Hi,

It's been almost a year that nilfs2 has been merged into mainline kernel
since 2.6.30, which is released in Jun 2009.  Yet, it still shows warnings
that "The NILFS on-disk format may change at any time".

It still remains controversial argument, like directory indexing
or atime support, xattr support and so on.  However, I'd like to
make the target clear that when the above message can be taken away.

By fixing disk format, we might go forward to contribute more useful
disk utilities like GNU pared.  Some of those user land utilities require
just reading super block (or blocks) to identify what the filesystem is
in the specified partition.  Therefore it would be good starting point to
declare superblock format which ensure that upper/lower compatibilities.

In addition to superblock format, over all disk format must be fixed
somehow everybody thinks "it's ok".

There are many features in ToDo list of nilfs web site
http://www.nilfs.org/en/current_status.html.  I can not tell
which features should be in the nilfs2 before disk format fix as a
modern mature filesystem, but I can tell not all of those are required :).

Which of those do you guys think are the mandatory for modern filesystem
and which may require disk format change?  We might able to find
consensus among the list before any modifying/fixing disk format.

Thanks,

Regards,
--
Jiro SEKIBA <jir@xxxxxxxxx>