Re: cleaner: run one cleaning pass based on minimum free space

Hi,

I have changed cleanerd.c to use cleanerd->c_running instead of sleeping.

Here the changed function for review. I will post a new complete patch
after receiving your comments.

static int nilfs_cleanerd_clean_loop(struct nilfs_cleanerd *cleanerd)
{
    struct nilfs_sustat sustat;
    __u64 prev_nongc_ctime = 0, prottime = 0, oldest = 0;
    __u64 segnums[NILFS_CLDCONFIG_NSEGMENTS_PER_CLEAN_MAX];
    struct timespec timeout;
    sigset_t sigset;
    int ns, ret;

    sigemptyset(&sigset);
    if (sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, &sigset, NULL) < 0) {
        syslog(LOG_ERR, "cannot set signal mask: %m");
        return -1;
    }
    sigaddset(&sigset, SIGHUP);

    if (set_sigterm_handler() < 0) {
        syslog(LOG_ERR, "cannot set SIGTERM signal handler: %m");
        return -1;
    }
    if (set_sighup_handler() < 0) {
        syslog(LOG_ERR, "cannot set SIGHUP signal handler: %m");
        return -1;
    }

    nilfs_cleanerd_reload_config = 0;

    ret = nilfs_cleanerd_init_interval(cleanerd);
    if (ret < 0)
        return -1;

    cleanerd->c_ncleansegs = cleanerd->c_config.cf_nsegments_per_clean;

    if (cleanerd->c_config.cf_min_clean_segments > 0) {
        syslog(LOG_INFO, "cleaner paused");
        cleanerd->c_running = 0;
        timeout.tv_sec = cleanerd->c_config.cf_clean_check_interval;
        timeout.tv_nsec = 0;
    }
    else
      cleanerd->c_running = 1;

    while (1) {
        if (sigprocmask(SIG_BLOCK, &sigset, NULL) < 0) {
            syslog(LOG_ERR, "cannot set signal mask: %m");
            return -1;
        }

        if (nilfs_cleanerd_reload_config) {
            if (nilfs_cleanerd_reconfig(cleanerd)) {
                syslog(LOG_ERR, "cannot configure: %m");
                return -1;
            }
            nilfs_cleanerd_reload_config = 0;
            syslog(LOG_INFO, "configuration file reloaded");
        }

        if (nilfs_get_sustat(cleanerd->c_nilfs, &sustat) < 0) {
            syslog(LOG_ERR, "cannot get segment usage stat: %m");
            return -1;
        }

        if (cleanerd->c_config.cf_min_clean_segments > 0) {
            if (cleanerd->c_running) {
                if (sustat.ss_ncleansegs >
cleanerd->c_config.cf_max_clean_segments) {
                    syslog(LOG_INFO, "cleaner paused");
                    cleanerd->c_running = 0;
                    timeout.tv_sec =
cleanerd->c_config.cf_clean_check_interval;
                    timeout.tv_nsec = 0;
                    goto sleep;
                }
            }
            else {
                if (sustat.ss_ncleansegs <
cleanerd->c_config.cf_min_clean_segments) {
                    syslog(LOG_INFO, "cleaner resumed");
                    cleanerd->c_running = 1;
                }
                else
                    goto sleep;
            }
        }

        if (sustat.ss_nongc_ctime != prev_nongc_ctime) {
            cleanerd->c_running = 1;
            prev_nongc_ctime = sustat.ss_nongc_ctime;
        }

        if (!cleanerd->c_running)
            goto sleep;

        syslog(LOG_DEBUG, "ncleansegs = %llu",
               (unsigned long long)sustat.ss_ncleansegs);

        ns = nilfs_cleanerd_select_segments(
            cleanerd, &sustat, segnums, &prottime, &oldest);
        if (ns < 0) {
            syslog(LOG_ERR, "cannot select segments: %m");
            return -1;
        }
        syslog(LOG_DEBUG, "%d segment%s selected to be cleaned",
               ns, (ns <= 1) ? "" : "s");
        if (ns > 0) {
            ret = nilfs_cleanerd_clean_segments(
                cleanerd, &sustat, segnums, ns, prottime);
            if (ret < 0)
                return -1;
        }

        ret = nilfs_cleanerd_recalc_interval(
            cleanerd, ns, prottime, oldest, &timeout);
        if (ret < 0)
            return -1;
        else if (ret > 0)
            continue;
 sleep:
        if (sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, &sigset, NULL) < 0) {
            syslog(LOG_ERR, "cannot set signal mask: %m");
            return -1;
        }

        ret = nilfs_cleanerd_sleep(cleanerd, &timeout);
        if (ret < 0)
            return -1;
    }
}