[NILFS] NILFS filesystem stability

Hello all,

I wanted to know if NILFS filesystem is ready to general purpose. I am
going to make a backup partition (containing important files from
general purpose FS on second HD) and I don't know what FS to use on
it. Log-based filesystem is considered right there for me because of
COW semantics and that no previous data would be loss in case of write
susped/error. I thought about btrfs as well, but AFAIK it's even less
stable than NILFS and is not COW to that extent that NILFS is (using
NILFS I can mount exatly what would be mounted few days/writes ago
with cp= mount option, in case no physical error occured).

There are many adventages for using NILFS for that purpose, but
stability is the greatest factor (it's all about my data!). So I want
to know what do you think about using this fresh filesystem - is it
good idea or have I to use a more stable solution, like ext2/reiserfs
or something else? Is log-structured filesystem more secure than
regular one (which I think it is), or is more known and maintained one
better?

Thanks for any answers :) I hope I'll get good respone in new year time :)