Re: bad info in NFS context

On 21 Sep 2023, at 9:36, Charles Hedrick wrote:

> this is a web app. What is it about logging out and logging in that clears the cache? We'll need to make sure that the web app does it.

There's a very real performance tradeoff to perform NFS ACCESS operations for every part of a tree walk vs. caching the results of previous ACCESS calls.  There's not a sane way for the client to know when a user's group membership has changed in order to invalidate the cache, since the change to the user's group membership is not reflected on the inodes themselves.  So, the NFS client will keep caching the result of previous calls to unchanged inodes until it notices that the process' oldest parent with the same user/credential has a task start_time that is older than the currently cached entries.

TL;DR - you probably want to restart the web server.

Ben