Re: Fedora packages for ktls testing available

On Fri, 2023-04-21 at 13:32 +0000, Chuck Lever III wrote:

> > On Apr 20, 2023, at 12:17 PM, Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > I have a Fedora COPR repo set up with the latest RPC with TLS bits from
> > Chuck:
> >
> >    https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jlayton/rpctls/
> >
> > It has a kernel package (currently based on v6.3-rc7), an updated nfs-
> > utils package (only needed by the NFS server), and a new ktls-utils
> > package (0.8 based currently) that I'm working to get into the main
> > Fedora repos after the kernel patches are merged.
> >
> > My goal is to keep this up to date until the relevant code starts
> > landing in the main Fedora repos.
>
> Hi Jeff-
>
> Excellent work!
>
> I've had questions about building ktls-utils so I'm interested in
> your experience packaging it.
>
> On Fedora, folks have installed keyutils-lib and keyutils-lib-devel
> but ./configure still reports:
>
>   Package 'libkeyutils', required by 'virtual:world', not found
>
> Did you encounter this issue, and if so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks! I missed adding the client patches to the most recent kernel
build, but they should be in there in the next one (brewing now).

No, I haven't seen that error. I did go several rounds with failed
package builds due to build dependencies. The current specfile has this:

    BuildRequires:  gcc make gnutls-devel libnl3-devel systemd-rpm-macros
    BuildRequires:  autoconf automake keyutils-libs-devel glib2-devel

...and that allowed it to build on f37 and up for me.
--
Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxx>