Re: filecache LRU performance regression

Hi,

> Certainly, though, the filecache plays somewhat different roles
> for legacy NFS and NFSv4. I've been toying with the idea of
> maintaining separate filecaches for NFSv3 and NFSv4, since
> the garbage collection and shrinker rules are fundamentally
> different for the two, and NFSv4 wants a file closed completely
> (no lingering open) when it does a CLOSE or DELEGRETURN.

if NFSv4 closed a file completely (no lingering open) when it does a
CLOSE or DELEGRETURN,
then the flowing problem seems to be fixed too.
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-nfs/20211002111419.2C83.409509F4@xxxxxxxxxxxx/

Best Regards
Wang Yugui (wangyugui@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
2022/06/02