Re: 6f283634 / 1976b2b3 breaks NFS (QNAP/Linux kNFSD)

On Wed, Feb 23, 2022 at 8:20 AM Kurt Garloff <kurt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Olga,
>
> any updates? Were you able to investigate the traces?
>
> Breaking NFS mounts from Qnap (knfsd with 3.4.6 kernel here,
> though Qnap might have patched it),is not something that
> should happen with a -stable kernel update, even if the problem
> would be on the Qnap side, which would not be completely
> surprising.
>
> So I think we should revert this patch at least for -stable,
> unless we understand what's going on and have a better fix
> than a plain revert.

Hi Kurt,

I apologize for the late response. I have looked at the network trace.
The problem stems from the broken server that claims to support
fs_locations but then decides to never reply to the query.

I can implement a mount option to say fs_locquery=off to handle mounts
against the broken servers?

However I would like to ask if the better path forward isn't to update
to the knfsd where the problem is fixed?