Re: NFS testing

> On Jan 7, 2022, at 4:34 PM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Chuck was asking about the regular NFS testing I do.  Cc'ing the list in
> case this is useful to anyone else.
>
> We'd really like to set up regular testing on some kind of common
> infrastructure that more people can get to.  I'm not sure how to get
> there yet.

[ useful stuff snipped ]

A little context: Since Bruce has announced he is stepping away from
his NFSD maintainer role, I'd like to help give him a breather with
his testing responsibilities too. We've been talking about shifting
some of this testing to a public CI infrastructure like kernelci.org.

And in the short term, obviously I want to ensure that NFSD pull
requests are adequately exercised...

It would be nice to have a facility that automatically grabbed new
commits pushed to our for-next branches and ran tests on a variety
of platforms, much like GitHub Actions does. The kernelci.org
infrastructure is intriguing to me, though their usual case is
booting up a single guest to run a series of tests. In our community,
there usually needs to be a client host and a separate server host.

--
Chuck Lever