Re: [bug report] nfs clients fail to get read delegations after file open with O_RDWR

Thanks for your quick reply!

>>Without looking at this case in detail:

>>Delegations are granted at the server's discretion, so this certainly
>>isn't a bug.

Got it.

>>It might be suboptimal behavior.  If there's evidence that this causes
>>significant regressions on some important workload, then we'd want to
>>look into fixing it.

If I understand the case correctly, the most common workload it influences like:

One nfs client opens a file with flag O_WRONLY/O_RDWR, close it.
Then some nfs clients open the file with O_RDONLY right now then it will prevent
server to give any delegation to other clients.  It may cause many unnecessary
requests from clients because lack of delegations.

--
Su