Re: NFS server regression in kernel 5.13 (tested w/ 5.13.9)

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021, Mike Javorski wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer Chuck
>
> I ran the trace capture and was able to trigger two freezes in
> relatively short order. Here is that trace file:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qk_VIMkj8aTeQIg5O0W3AvWyeDSWL3vW/view?usp=sharing

There are gaps of 5.3sec, 4sec, 1sec and 1sec between adjacent trace
points.
The longest gap between 'start' and 'done' for any given xid is 354msec.
So it doesn't look like the filesystem read causing the problem.

The long gaps between adjacent records are:
0.354581 xid=0x4c6ac2b6
0.418340 xid=0x6a71c2b6
1.013260 xid=0x6f71c2b6
1.020742 xid=0x0f71c2b6
4.064527 xid=0x6171c2b6
5.396559 xid=0xd66dc2b6

The fact 1, 1, and 4 are so close to a precise number of seconds seems
unlikely to be a co-incidence.  It isn't clear what it might mean
though.

I don't have any immediae ideas where to look next.  I'll let you know
if I come up with something.

NeilBrown