Re: nfs4.1 and nconnect - is this supported?

guy keren <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>hi,
>
>i wonder if the linux client's nfs nconnect feature was designed to
>support NFS4.1 (or higher) versions? according to our experimentation,
>the linux client seems to just alternate messages between the multiple
>RPC/TCP connections, and does not seem to adhere to the NFS 4.1 protocol
>requirement, that when using multiple connections, the client needs to
>use BIND_CONN_TO_SESSION when trying to user a 2nd connection with the
>same NFS4.1 session.
>
>was this done on purpose? or is this configuration not supported by
>linux client's 'nconnect'? or am i missing something?
Yep, you're missing something.

Snippet from RFC 5661 pg. 43:
   If the client specifies no state
   protection (Section 18.35) when the session is created, then when
   SEQUENCE is transmitted on a different connection, the connection is
   automatically associated with the fore channel of the session
   specified in the SEQUENCE operation.

As such, BIND_CONN_TO_SESSION is only required to associate the
backchannel to the connection.

rick

thanks,
--guy