FW: [EXTERNAL] Re: NFS server question

Hi,

Is there a limit on the number of exports for an NFS server? Thanks.

Jeff Becker

On 7/2/21, 7:21 AM, "Chuck Lever III" <chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Hi Jeff-

    > On Jul 1, 2021, at 7:54 PM, Becker, Jeffrey C. (ARC-TN)[InuTeq, LLC] <jeffrey.c.becker@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >
    > Hi Chuck,
    >
    > I have an NFS server that currently has about 20 directories it’s exporting over NFSv4. I was wondering what the maximum number of exports is. Thanks.

    I'm not aware of any intrinsic limit on the number of exports.
    There is probably a per-export resource cost that acts as a
    practical limit.

    Might be a good idea to ask on linux-nfs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

    --
    Chuck Lever