Re: ksu problem with sec=krb5 and nfs

On 24 May 2021, at 10:44, Jason Keltz wrote:

Hi Benjamin,

That's exactly it - I definately want ksu to be writing that exact file.  Any idea why it isn't, and why it matters if the home directory is using sec=krb5 or not?

Because if you're mounting with sec=krb5, then the kernel's going to upcall to rpc.gssd, which is going to try to find the credential cache to establish a context with the NFS server. None of that has to happen with sec=sys.

As far as where ksu puts the target cred cache - I don't know the details there. Dig into the ksu source, or docs.. maybe you need to set the krb5cc default cred cache.

Ben