Re: generic/430 COPY/delegation caching regression

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 03:30:19AM +0000, Kornievskaia, Olga wrote:
> On 4/13/21, 7:20 PM, "J. Bruce Fields" <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     generic/430 started failing in 4.12-rc3, as of 7c1d1dcc24b3 "nfsd: grant
>     read delegations to clients holding writes".
>
>     Looks like that reintroduced the problem fixed by 16abd2a0c124 "NFSv4.2:
>     fix client's attribute cache management for copy_file_range": the client
>     needs to invalidate its cache of the destination of a copy even when it
>     holds a delegation.
>
> [olga] I'm confused what client version are you testing and against what server? I haven't seen generic/430 failing while testing upstream versions against upstream server verions. What should I try (as in what client version against what server version) to reproduce the failure?

You can reproduce it with client and server both on rc3.

(In more detail: you need a client with 7c1d1dcc24b3, but a server that
doesn't yet have 6ee65a773096 "Revert "nfsd4: a client's own opens
needn't prevent delegation"".

I have a patch that will restore the server's ability to grant
delegations to clients with write opens, but this regression was one of
the problems I ran across in testing....)

--b.