Re: NFS Mount Hangs

Do you know of a FreeBSD 12.X kernel that has the fix you suggested or is there a kernel setting that I can apply to eliminate the issue?

Jason Breitman

On Mar 8, 2021, at 10:32 PM, Jason Breitman <jbreitman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The server is running FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p5.

Jason Breitman

On Mar 8, 2021, at 8:52 PM, Trond Myklebust <trondmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 2021-03-08 at 17:22 -0500, Jason Breitman wrote:
> Thank you.
> Do you know which kernel version is fixed?
> If not, is there something I can look for in the source code that
> will indicate that the kernel is fixed.

As I said, the problem here is that the server doesn't seem to be
closing the socket when the client does. You didn't actually tell us
which server you are using, so I don't know how to answer that
question.

--
Trond Myklebust
CTO, Hammerspace Inc