Re: NFSD Regression: client observing a file while other client writes to it leads to stale local cache

On Tue, Mar 02, 2021 at 02:23:05AM +0100, Timo Rothenpieler wrote:
> Server and reading client disagreeing about the files size and
> contents is 100% reproducible, even after the writing client has
> long and definitely closed the file.

OK, I reproduced this myself and watched the network traffic in
Wireshark.

The server is *not* giving out a read delegation to the writer (which is
what the commit you bisected to should have allowed).  It *is* giving
out a delegation to the reader.  Which is a truly awful bug.
Investigating....

--b.