Re: nfsd issues in 5.10.11

Please leave linux-nfs on the Cc: line.

> On Jan 31, 2021, at 10:20 AM, A. Duvnjak <avian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the info Chuck,
>   I've done a git bisect, and have the log attached.  I've also attached the kernel config file I've used through out the bisect incase it helps.  Seems it traced it down to the "SUNRPC: Handle TCP socket sends with kernel_sendpage() again" patch in net/sunrpc/svcsock.c.

I was afraid of that, but I still don't see any obvious
server-related misbehavior in the network capture. The
differences are in the client's behavior.

> Please note the issues arent only in Kodi,  but also in the Windows 10 NFS client when using VLC (i.e. completely independent of Kodi).

And MacOS works fine. I don't see how the VLC misbehavior
is probative yet.

We need one simple reproducer and someone to help us with
diagnostic information. Kodi fits that bill.

I can try downloading Kodi and trying it here, but kodi.tv
might need to hear about the problem from an existing
customer before they become responsive.

> Happy to do any more experimentation as requested.

Can you try v5.6 on your server?

--
Chuck Lever