VBAT: The 1st Virtual Bakeaton

Hello,

Happy New Years!

Ben started the conversations about virtual bakeathon
and built a network we can use for a VBAT.

We were floated the idea of having it on the last week
of Feb (Mon 22ed to Fri 26th) which people seems to
agree with... so...

Lets have a virtual Bakeathon at the end of Feb!!!

I've update the nfsv4bat.org site [1] with
all the details on how to register and
enable a host to used the VBAT network.

The VBAT network consists of VPN connections
using IPv6 address to do the routing. Again
all the details are on [1].

Participant's communications will be run through a
Discord server [2], which supports both audio and IRC
capabilities... Meaning we can talk and type
to each other... Again the details are on [1].

This is the first attempt at a virtual event
so there are going to be bumps in the road,
but as a community I'm sure we can make this
work. Point being... if you find problems please
try to come up with a solutions... not a complaint ;-)

The official testing start end of Feb but
the network is up and running right now!

So I *strongly* suggest you try and build a
host to used the network well be for the
end of Feb... (aka ASAP!)

Finally, I'm working on getting VBAT t-shirts
for registered participants to order...
free of charge... So registering early would
definitely help the effort out

Let make this happen!!!

steved.

[1] http://www.nfsv4bat.org/Events/2021/Feb/BAT/index.html