Re: linux-5.4.80: "refcount_t: underflow; use-after-free" in rpc_async_schedule->rpc_free_task->nfs4_put_copy

On 30.11.2020 14:12, Timo Rothenpieler wrote:
Quick update: I applied that commit on top of the 5.4.80 Kernel, and have not been able to reproduce the issue anymore in a quick test.
Will leave it running like this for a bit and see if it's fixed.

I don't know if this is in any way correct though.

Partial success, I guess.

The use after free did not occur again, but users still get their singularity pulls stuck, waiting on copy_file_range() to return. Must have just been a coincidence that those two always happened at the same time.

It works fine on a fresh mount, until at some random point all attempts lead to it getting stuck. Re-Mounting, rebooting client or rebooting server all seem to resolve it temporarily, until it happens again.