Re: rpcbind redux

Yep, just came here to post this myself and saw your message. The problem is RPCNFSDOPTS is missing from the /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server file.

The service file for the nfs server, /usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs-config.service

includes this:

  Wants=nfs-config.service
  After=nfs-config.service

All nfs-config does is run this script:

  ExecStart=/usr/lib/systemd/scripts/nfs-utils_env.sh

and the script reads the /etc/default/nfs* files and then

  echo RPCNFSDARGS=\"$RPCNFSDOPTS ${RPCNFSDCOUNT:-8}\"

which then goes on the command line in the nfs-server service file:

  ExecStart=/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd $RPCNFSDARGS

So the solution is to add this line to /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server:

  RPCNFSDOPTS="-N 2 -N 3"

Still unaccounted for is this variable in /etc/default/nfs-kernel-server:

  # Runtime priority of server (see nice(1))
  RPCNFSDPRIORITY=0

Which I can't find used anywhere in the service files. But in any case, adding the RPCNFSDOPTS variable resolved the issue:

root@helios:~# cat /proc/fs/nfsd/versions
-2 -3 +4 +4.1 +4.2

Thanks!