v3 timeout behavior

Hi folks,

I have a question whether or not the current client's behaviour is
desirable. Current behaviour: every time a v3 operation is re-sent to
the server we update (double) the timeout. There is no distinction
between whether or not the previous timer had expired before the
re-sent happened.

Here's the scenario:
1. Client sends a v3 operation
2. Server RST-s the connection (prior to the timeout) (eg., connection
is immediately reset)
3. Client re-sends a v3 operation but the timeout is now 120sec.

As a result, an application sees 2mins pause. Where as if a connection
reset didn't change the timeout value, the client would have re-tried
(the 3rd time) after 60secs.

Question: so in sunrcp if we get errors CONNREST/CONNABORTED, should
we skip adjusting the timeout?