Re: multipath patches

On Thu, Jul 11, 2019 at 3:29 PM Trond Myklebust <trondmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, 2019-07-11 at 15:06 -0400, Olga Kornievskaia wrote:
> > Hi Trond,
> >
> > I see that you have nconnect patches in your testing branch (as well
> > as your linux-next and I assume they are the same).  There is
> > something wrong with that version. A mount hangs the machine.
> >
> > [  132.143379] watchdog: BUG: soft lockup - CPU#0 stuck for 23s!
> > [mount.nfs:2624]
> >
> > I don't have such problems with the patch series that Neil has
> > posted.
> >
> > Thank you.
>
> How are the patchsets different? As far as I know, all I did was apply
> the 3 patches that Neil added to my existing branch.

I'm not sure. I had a problem with your "multipath" branch before and
I recall what I did is went back and redownloaded your posted patches.
That was when I was testing performance. So if you haven't touched
that branch and just used it I think it's the same problem.

In the current testing branch I don't see several patches that Neil
has added (posted) to the mailing list. So I'm not sure what you mean
you added 3 of his patches on top of yours. At most I can say maybe
you added 2 of his (one that allows for v2 and v3 and another that
does state operations on a single connection. There are no patches for
sunrpc stats that were posted).

What I know is that if I revert your branch to
bf11fbdb20b385157b046ea7781f04d0c62554a3 before patches and apply
Neils patches. All is fine. I really don't want to debug a non-working
version when there is one that works.