Re: [Patch] NULL-pointer dereference in gssd (nfs-utils version 1.3.0, 1.3.4 & 2.3.3)

> On 11 Mar 2019, at 19:25, Steve Dickson <SteveD@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Peter,
> Secondly, patches that fix a fields that are NULL but not knowing
> why they are NULL... most likely is covering over the real bug.
>
> Any idea why  clp->protocol is sometimes NULL?

I’ve been trying to figure that one out, but since it typically only happens after a couple of hours of continuous testing I’ve yet to find the culprit.

This patch at least makes the rpc.gssd daemon stop crashing - which when that happens will make all further NFS (with sec=krb5) client stuff fail miserably (not good if that happens on a user login server…)

I’ve resent the patch according to your instructions now.

- Peter