NFS client behavior on WRITE_DELEGATION

Hi,

In our NFSv4.1 Delegations testing we observed that NFS client sends WRITE requests to the server even when granted WRITE_DELEGATION. I see that only OPEN/CLOSE and LOCK operations are served locally by the client.

Please confirm if this behavior is expected and if yes, can it be improved to avoid sending WRITEs to the server until the application does fsync.

Thanks,
Soumya