Re: handle_async_copy calling kzalloc under spinlock

On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 1:01 PM J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 12:56:45PM -0500, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 11:25:50AM -0500, Olga Kornievskaia wrote:

> > > Thanks. I'll do that.
> >
> > Thanks.  And, I just noticed--nfs4_callback_offload has the same
> > problem.

nfs4_callback_offload is where I changed it. I see now,
handle_async_copy() in nfs42proc.c also has it.

> By the way, I don't understand the create case in that code--if you get
> a CB_OFFLOAD without already having a matching copy stateid, shouldn't
> you just return an error and forget about it?

Then how does the copy knows not to go wait for the callback? Copy
checks the pending_callback list to see if received a callback. If
not, it puts itself on the copy list and goes to sleep. The callback,
checks the copy list and if it finds a copy signals it, if not it puts
itself on the pending_callback list. a lock is held over checking one
list and putting yourself on the other.

> I also wonder if SERVERFAULT is really the best error for a memory
> allocation failure there.

I guess EIO or ENOMEM might be better. But I don't think this error
gets returned anywhere to the main process.