Re: nfsd returns NFSERR_STALE when the inode of the rootdir of the nfs mount is > 2^32

On 14 November 2017 at 18:12, Chuck Lever <chuck.lever@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A fresh XFS file system can be mounted with the "inode32"
> mount option (on the server) to prevent the creation of
> inodes with numbers that cannot be represented in 32 bits.
>
> But since you already have such inodes, NFS clients will
> have to convert the numbers on the fly. You can use a boot
> parameter on your clients:
>
>   nfs.enable_ino64=0
>
> According to comments in fs/nfs/inode.c .

Thanks for the suggestion.

I looked at nfs.enable_ino64 while tracking down this issue, but it
looked like a client-side option to me, and the error happens in the
nfsd code. I'll give a shot tomorrow.

There's no problem accessing files or directories with inodes > 2^32 in
our setup, we've been doing that for years. It's only when the root
directory of the export has a high inode that we trigger this.

--
Anders Ossowicki