Reg:File system corruption after reboot, when rootfs in mounted over nfs

Hi ,

Could some one please help me with the below issue.

I have booted a mips based hardware with linux (4.4.36 kernel )image
and rootfs over nfs by passing nfsroot command line option to the
kernel.

rootfs is mounted under / in my hardware environment.

192.168.113.254:/rootfs / type nfs
(rw,relatime,vers=3,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,namlen=255,hard,nolock,proto=tcp,timeo=600,retrans=2,sec=sys,mountaddr=192.168.113.254,mountvers=3,mountproto=tcp,local_lock=all,addr=192.168.113.254)

I have a hard disk and i am mounting  it on /mnt , this /mnt directory
is part of nfsroot.

e2fsck -f -y /dev/sda1 -> disk is clean with no errors.

mount -t ext2 /dev/sda1 /mnt
touch /mnt/test.log  -> this command is failing.
umount /mnt
reboot

when i was executing the above commands in a loop i see that /dev/sda1
file system is getting corrupted. touch command is failing with
"cannot touch structure needs clearing" error. I am able to reproduce
this issue always when i boot rootfs over nfs , if i boot from hard
disk , i am not noticing the issue .

Is it could be because of during reboot nfs partition was not
unmounted properly ? will kernel internally takes care of unmouting
nfsroot ?
or nfs flush is not happened ?

Could someone please help me on this .

Thanks,