Re: 2 potentially stupid questions.

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 09:09:49PM +0000, Brian Cowan wrote:
> The "feature implemented only in linux" statement worries me... Does
> this mean that only Linux's NFS client server implements this NFSv4.1
> "lock freed" behavior?

Actually, I shouldn't have said that.  The linux (client and server)
implementation is the one I know of, but there may well be others.  It's
an optional feature of NFSv4.1:

If you notice 1-second-ish delays acquiring contended locks against
other servers then it may be worth filing bugs with them and suggesting
they support CB_NOTIFY_LOCK.  It shouldn't be especially difficult.

--b.