Re: EXCHANGE_ID with same network address but different server owner

On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 09:36:03AM -0400, J. Bruce Fields wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2017 at 02:33:38PM +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> > I suspect many guests will have a dedicated/private export.  The guest
> > will be the only client accessing its export.  This could simplify the
> > locking issues.
>
> So why not migrate filesystem images instead of using NFS?

Some users consider disk image files inconvenient because they cannot be
inspected and manipulated with regular shell utilities.

Especially scenarios where many VMs are launched with VM-specific data
files can benefit from using files directly instead of building disk
images.

I'm not saying all users just export per-VM directories, but it's a
common case and may be a good starting point if a general solution is
very hard.