Re: nfs+ext4,can not umount the ext4 mountpoint

Dear J. Bruce Fields
in nfs rfc wrote:
   "Every NFS version 3 protocol client can also potentially be a
   server, and remote and local mounted file systems can be
   freely mixed. This leads to some problems when a client
   travels down the directory tree of a remote file system and
   reaches the mount point on the server for another remote file
   system. Allowing the server to follow the second remote mount
   would require loop detection, server lookup, and user
   revalidation. Instead, both NFS version 2 protocol and NFS
   version 3 protocol implementations do not typically let
   clients cross a server's mount point. When a client does a
   LOOKUP on a directory on which the server has mounted a file
   system, the client sees the underlying directory instead of
   the mounted directory.

   For example, if a server has a file system called /usr and
   mounts another file system on /usr/src, if a client mounts
   /usr, it does not see the mounted version of /usr/src. A
   client could do remote mounts that match the server's mount
   points to maintain the server's view.  In this example, the
   client would also have to mount /usr/src in addition to /usr,
   even if they are from the same server."

and now we do not set the crossmnt ,so that we saw is the underlying directory .
the nfs mount have no relation to ext4 mountpoint, it can be umounted maybe better.

can we add some limits to let it do not enter the nfsd_cross_mnt() in nfsd_lookup_dentry()if the crossmnt is not set?

best wishes!

在 2017/5/17 1:42, J. Bruce Fields 写道: