Re: access(2) inaccurately reports execute permissions

> I hate to say this, but I think there have been some relevant changes
> since then, is it possible to retry with a more recent kernel?

If it's fixed, that's great.  I won't be able to try a newer kernel for
a while.

> 	- watch the traffic in wireshark, check that the ACCESS calls on
> 	  the wire agree with what your test program is seeing.

Looks like the server response is OK:

NFS	234	V4 Reply (Call In 36) ACCESS, [Access Denied: MD XT], [Allowed: RD XE]

> 	- to verify that your server is mapping to the correct user, try
> 	  touching a new file after su'ing and acquiring kerberos
> 	  credentials, and check who the new file is owned by.

root@radio:/testmnt# ./runas -k test314 touch tmp/foobar
root@radio:/testmnt# ls -l tmp/foobar
-rw-rw---- 1 test314 user-test314 0 Mar  8 18:14 tmp/foobar

John