Re: Fwd: RFC rpc.gssd enhancement

On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 8:23 AM, Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2016 at 08:18:02AM -0500, Andy Adamson wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> > This discussion seems to be a bit fubar. So I start over again.
>> >
>> > I see three problems if $HOME is Kerberized NFS volume, I will call this NFS
>> > client machine.
>> >
>> > 1) user logs via SSH to the NFS client machine using GSS API, i.e., the user
>> >    has a Kerberos ticket.
>>
>> Did the user use kinit -f (to obtain a forwardable ticket)?
>>
>> Do you enable credential forwarding? e.g. does the .ssh/config file contain
>>
>> GSSAPIDelegateCredentials yes
>
> yes, but it does not help, the ticket is recreated bit later during log on
> process.
>
>> Yes. Isn't this the issue that forwardable kerberos tickets and ssh
>> with GSSAPI is designed to solve?
>>
>> Why does the user want to login to the NFS client machine using the
>> ssh public key and not kinit -f and use forwardable tickets? Or have I
>> misunderstood.....
>
> well, for some reason for sshfs, user does not want to play with renewable
> ticket,

do you mean forwardable ticket?

> he wants just public key. But yes, instead of ssh public key, one can
> use forwardable ticket but those needs to be recreated/refreshed (we have
> limit for ticket duration 1 day, 7 days renewable).

BTW: All kerberos tickets need to be refreshed/renewed. No exceptions :)

Wait. The user  is willing to ssh into the NFS client machine using
the ssh public key and the type kinit and enter a password, but not
willing to kinit -f enter a password and then ssh into the NFS client
machine using GSSAPI an forwardable tickets? Do I have this right?

-->Andy