Re: NFS: nfs4_reclaim_open_state: Lock reclaim failed! log spew

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 04:05:32PM -0500, Olga Kornievskaia wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 3:46 PM, bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 03:29:11PM -0500, Olga Kornievskaia wrote:

> >> Correct.
> >
> > So that could get UNCACHED_REP as the response.  But if you're very
> > unlucky, couldn't this also happen?:
> >
> >         1) the compound previously sent on that slot was processed by
> >         the server and cached
> >         2) the compound you're sending now happens to have the same set
> >         of operations
> >
> > with the result that the client doesn't detect that the reply was
> > actually to some other rpc, and instead it returns bad data to the
> > application?
>
> If you are sending exactly the same operations and arguments, then why
> is a reply from the cache would lead to bad data?

That would probably be fine, I was wondering what would happen if you
sent the same operation but different arguments.

So the original cancelled operation is something like
PUTFH(fh1)+OPEN("foo")+GETFH, and the new one is
PUTFH(fh2)+OPEN("bar")+GETFH.  In theory couldn't the second one succeed
and leave the client thinking it had opened (fh2, bar) when the
filehandle it got back was really for (fh1, foo)?

--b.