Re: possible bug in nfs-kernel-server

Sorry, resending with Miklos's address fixed....

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 06:57:45PM +0100, Omar Walid Llorente wrote:
> Hi Bruce, thanks for your answer, that is greatly appreciated.
>
> This side of the problem feels a little bit lonely and maybe we can
> manage to get to know what is happening if you have some time.
>
> We have been doing tests and we have found a way to replicate the
> problem in a virtual environment without ZFS, only with glusterfs
> and nfs-kernel-server, where we can give you root password or you
> can replicate it at home.
>
> It is closely related to non-root users (with root credentials the
> problem does not happen).
>
> If you think this is good news and feel like checking, tell me and
> next week we will prepare it and I'll forward you the data for both
> kind of tests.

So if I'm reading right, the setup is

	nfs client---NFSv3--->knfsd---FUSE-->gluster

I hate to just pass the buck, but my bet is on the issue being either on
the gluster side, or on limitations of the fuse protocol itself.

Cc'ing Miklos as I believe he did the original fuse nfsd export
implementation.  Miklos, does fuse has a way for file owners to override
permissions?  We need this sometimes because for example, an application
may hold a write open on a read-only file, but the server doesn't itself
already have an open (which can happen for lots of reasons).

--b.