Re: gss context cache and nfsv4

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 2:41 PM, Olga Kornievskaia <aglo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I should have asked for what distro/nfs-utils are you using?
>
> In the RHEL/Fedora nfs-utils distros, lifetime of the context is
> gotten from gss_inquire_context() call from the gss krb5 api. In
> krb5_gss_inquire_context() in krb5 source code in
> src/lib/gssapi/krb5/inq_context.c it's set to what I have set before.
>
> A server can choose to expire the context at any time by returning gss
> context error and force the client to create the new security context.
> What server are you going against? A network trace would be helpful to
> check to see if the server is returning such error.

Bringing this thread back to life...

I am using CentOS (effectively same as RHEL) 6.5.  nfs-utils version
1.2.3-39.  All clients and servers are same OS version, same kernel,
same nfs-utils.

Just to be clear: in your suggestion of a network trace, do you mean
using something like tcpdump or wireshark to see exactly what is going
on between client and server?  Is it sufficient to do this while I am
seeing "permission denied" on the krb5p share?

Since I am using krb5p (not the 'p'), I believe all NFS traffic is
encrypted... so will I actually be able to see anything useful in the
packet capture?  Can you elaborate specifically on what I should look
for?

Lastly... as a workaround, can I use the "-t" parameter of rpc.gssd?
What if I set that value to be equivalent to be the same as our
Kerberos ticket lifetime?

Thank you,
Matt