Re: 4.6, 4.7 slow ifs export with more than one client.

On Sep 6, 2016, at 12:00 PM, Jeff Layton wrote:

> Shrug...feel free to propose a better scheme for generating unique ids
> if you can think of one. Unfortunately, there are always cases when
> these mechanisms for getting a persistent+unique id break down.
>
> That's the reason that nfs provides an interface to allow setting a
> uniquifier from userland via module param.

Fair enough, though I guess module parameter is not really a super convenient place
for it when you run off nfs-root.
I guess you were not really enticed with the mac address idea too ;)

Anyway, thank you very much for your help, now I have some better
idea of what's going on and what to try next.--