Re: Configuring NFSv4.0 Kerberos on a multi-homed Linux NFS server

> On May 11, 2016, at 10:05 AM, J. Bruce Fields <bfields@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 11:00:06AM -0400, Chuck Lever wrote:

>>> Ugh, OK, that's worse than I thought.  I guess you can work around it on
>>> the server side with "echo 0 >/proc/sys/fs/leases-enable".
>>
>> Google can find this e-mail thread, but would like me to
>> open a bug report on bugzilla.linux-nfs.org as well, Bruce?
>
> Up to you.  I'll confess to mostly ignoring upstream bugzilla until
> it sends me email.

Some orgs like to be able to point to a bug report.
I'll leave it for now.

> By the way, were you using gss-proxy?

Yes, on the client and on the server.

> (What distro?)

Oracle Linux 7, which is equivalent to RHEL 7.

> Did it take any
> special configuration to get the basic protocol working with multiple
> principals, beyond just creating the keytabs?

These systems had keytabs from NFS testing events. I
moved them aside and created fresh keytabs for my
home Kerberos realm, and fixed up their krb5.conf files.

I don't remember doing anything more than that because
the real struggle was trying to get IPA to co-operate.

--
Chuck Lever