Re: Finding and breaking client locks

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 02:55:00PM -0300, Christian Robottom Reis wrote:
> > Alternately, there is the /proc/fs/nfsd/unlock_ip interface. Supposedly
> > you can echo an address into there and it'll forcibly drop all of the
> > locks that that that client holds. I've not used that so YMMV there.
>
> Oh! That's a very interesting, and I now see it documented here:
>
>     http://people.redhat.com/rpeterso/Patches/NFS/NLM/004.txt

On second look, I don't think that interface is meant to take a client
IP, but rather a server IP:

  "They are intended to allow admin or user mode script to release NLM
   locks based on either a path name or a server in-bound ip address[...]"

That's why echoing the client IP makes no difference.

I'm surprised -- so far I've found no facility for lock management
server-side other than restarting the server.
--
Christian Robottom Reis | [+55 16] 3376 0125   | http://async.com.br/~kiko