Re: PROBLEM: NFS Client Ignores TCP Resets

Thanks for looking at this!

On 03/09/2016 03:16 PM, Anna Schumaker wrote:
I'm looking into this, but I'm not yet sure of what the client is doing.  Your packet trace makes it look like we do recover, although I don't know why it takes more than one RST packet.

Correct, it does recover, but only after several minutes. I think that's the length of some NFS timeout. To be clear, it's a *fixed length of time*, not AFAIK a specific number of RST packets, before it works.

Is this easy for you to reproduce?  It would be great if you can send me debugging statements from the client.  You can enable them with the command:  `rpcdebug -m rpc -s trans call` and then rerun the failover.  Client messages should show up in dmesg.

It is 100% reproducible, but the failover process does have some impact on production services, so I have to wait until after hours. I can run that test tonight. Is there anything else you'd like me to test at the same time?

--
Richard