Re: How do you get /proc/fs/nfs/exports to populate?

On Mon, 28 Dec 2015 15:11:03 +0530
dE <de.techno@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok, got it.
>
> It happens that those are made after a mount request.

Well, there is no such thing as a mount request, per-se in NFSv4. What
happens is that you try to walk down to the point where you're mounting
and access that inode, and nfsd upcalls to mountd to see whether that's
allowed. That populates the cache.

You can't really run nfsd without mountd (or something equivalent)
since something needs to populate the exports table. If you're running
a v4-only server though, then mountd doesn't need to be network-facing
however.

Jeff Layton <jlayton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>