Re: Max connurent connections limit on nfsvs server.

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 12:07:40PM +0530, Pankaj Singh wrote:
> I am new to nfs.
> What would be the max connurent connections an nfsv3 server can support?
> Even if we are an high end hardware and fastest(have high throughput)
> underlining file system.

I don't think we can give a single number, you may hit different limits
depending on your hardware and workload.

Note that there are max_connections tunables for both nfsd and nlm
(/porc/fs/nfsd/max_connections and
/sys/module/lockd/parameters/nlm_max_connections) which you may need to
adjust (but of course that doesn't solve all problems, it just controls
some code that causes the server to drop connections past those limits.)

--b.