Re: managing the system's NFSv4 domain name

On Jul 30, 2015, at 2:29 PM, Steve Dickson <SteveD@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hey Chuck

>> Any opinions about what command line options to use? How about:
>>
>> To view:    nfsidmap -D
>>
>> To update:  [sudo] nfsidmap -U new.domain.name
> Just curious as to why upcase...

"-u user" is already taken. "-d" is typically used to enable
debugging.

> I was thinking  -s / -d domain.name
> no big deal... either way is fine...

The important aspect is one dash option, one dash option
with required positional parameter. We can finalize the
exact letters after a prototype materializes.

>> Something like "nfsidmap -l" would be simple, and could show
>> both legacy and id_resolv keys, if we like.
> Perfect!

I'm guessing the way this needs to work is to do the same
thing a "keyctl list" does, and then prettify the output.

I still wonder about including legacy keys. This version
of nfsidmap would probably never be run on a system that
uses the legacy upcall, unless you intend to backport
this to RHEL 6.

--
Chuck Lever