exporting single directory to many hosts - locking and concurrent writes a problem?

Hi,

I'm evaluating filesystems for concurrent access(rw) from different hosts and came across cluster file systems like GFS2 and OCFS2.
Is NFS in a way also able to deal with concurrent reads / writes ?

I have two hosts that need to share a single storage. Access to this storage can be concurrent and to the same files at the same time.

What are the limitations / advantages on NFS compared to cluster file systems?

NFS looks like a simple solution for this to me. Cluster file systems require locking and fencing with addiontional components. I want to keep it as simple as possible.

I would be happy to get your ideas and thoughts on this.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Stefan