Re: NFS hang after concurrent writes

> Yes.  If you can reliably reproduce the problem, a network capture of the
> NFS traffic between the client and server as you produce the problem would
> be very helpful.

It sounds the solution can be simpler than this.

Here is the current problem.

It hangs when I login to the server using an account with the home
directory mounted via NFS.

I login to another server on which the same NFS directory is mounted
and I can delete the file corresponding to ~/.bash_history on the
first server.

When try to login the first server, it still hangs. When I login this
server using another account without NFS mounted as home, I can see
there is a file ~/.nfs000000160000351200000001 in the first account's
home (but not ~/.bash_history anymore). After I delete
~/.nfs000000160000351200000001 in the first account home, I am able to
login using the first account.

Can anybody pinpoint the cause of the problem given the above description?

--
Regards,
Peng