Re: NFSv4 idmap misbehavior

Hi Chuck,

[snip]

> After the test has been running for ten minutes, the id_resolv
> keys expire, and id_legacy keys appear. Before the above commit,
> the id_resolv keys would simply be refreshed and operation
> would continue normally.

This sounds a lot like a bug I have seen, our investigations into which
are summarised here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nfs-utils/+bug/1124250

There's an inexpertly written (by me) patch in that bug report (which I
posted to this list recently, too) which (in a nutshell) makes the
idmapper code call up to userspace to get a new key when the current ones
have expired.

I don't know whether that's the right approach, but I'm sure someone here
more qualified can comment.

Best regards,
Carl