Re: NFS server QoS ideas

Hi Mark, I've often thought about working on a project like this - usually when I've been trying to keep a number of systems responsive when there's been one very aggressive client, which typically would be identified by a single uid, or a uid:ip pair. I think your second
criteria would be the most useful.

I've done absolutely no research on this, but I had thought offhandedly
that a solution might integrate with cgroups somehow.

That's not much (less than 2 cents), but I think this feature would be welcomed warmly by sysadmins running shared NFS systems.

Ben