Re: Patch: select non-conventional principal in gssd

On 08/07/2014 09:01 AM, Jurjen Bokma wrote:
> On 08/07/2014 01:47 PM, Steve Dickson wrote:
>>
>> On 08/06/2014 10:59 AM, Jurjen Bokma wrote:
>>> HiAll,
>>>
>>> I have a patch to utils/gssd/krb5_util.c that enables kerberized NFS
>>> mounts to succeed even if the principal is not <HOSTNAME>$.
>>>
>>> It works by reading another principal name from the [appdefaults]
>>> section of krb5.conf:
>>>
>>> [appdefaults]
>>> nfs = {
>>>     ad_principal_name = 129.125.39.115$
>>> }
>>>
>>> Patch is attached. Would you please incorporate it in the source if you
>>> find it useful?
>>> Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong place.
>> A couple things....
>>
>> One please inline your patche in your email, not attach them
>> as suggested in https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/SubmittingPatches
>> Inlining makes it easier to review...
> I'm sorry. Also for not using the proper command, not choosing the
> proper subsystem, and a couple more mistakes.
Unfortunately you still don't have a proper  Signed-off-by:
as described in the above documentation... So you will
need to re-post the patch... but...

So lets start from the beginning....

When you commit the patch to your git tree do:
   git commit -s -a # this will automatically added the Signed-off-by:

Next create the patch with:
   git format-patch -1

Finally send the patch to list with
   git send-email \
       --to "Steve Dickson <steved@xxxxxxxxxx>" \
       *.patch

Note: git send-email has a --dry-run that will test the sending
without actually sending it... I would suggest you always do a
test sending... Just to make sure things are going in the
right direction! ;-)

steved.