Re: `ls` shows no files in mounted nfs folder, but ls 'file' works

On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 11:45 AM, Andreas Fenkart <afenkart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 1:21 AM, Andreas Fenkart <afenkart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> That unfortunately only shows a few READ requests, probably because
>> the readdirs etc are cached. Could you try again with a directory that
>> is not in cache and/or try "echo 3 >/proc/sys/vm/drop_caches" before
>> retrying the 'ls /'?
>
> # tcpdump -s 0 -w /tmp/nfs-client_v4.dump
> # echo 3 >/proc/sys/vm/drop_caches
> # ls -l /
>
> file is logged to tmpfs, then copied
> http://www.pcapr.net/view/afenkart/2014/6/3/8/nfs-client_v4.dump.html
>
>> Note: I am a little surprised that there are no GETATTRs in that dump.
>> Even if the readdir is cached, the client is supposed to revalidate
>> the directory.
>
> should be there now

Still not seeing the readdir, but the getattrs are there and all looks OK.
Question: the server is knfsd from a Linux 3.14.4 kernel, is that
correct? So it does have commit 83b19121522 (nfsd: revert v2 half of
"nfsd: don't return high mode bits")?

--
Trond Myklebust

Linux NFS client maintainer, PrimaryData

trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx