NFS server caches client mount permissions?

Hi,

We use NFS4 to export data to other clients. The exports file has the directories exported to netgroups, for example:

/export		@nfs(rw,async,no_subtree_check,fsid=0)
/export/data1	@nfs(rw,async,no_subtree_check)
/export/data2	@nfs(rw,async,no_subtree_check)

If we forget to add a new client to the netgroup, the server rejects the mount from the client (as it should). But when we then add the client to the netgroup it can take up to 15 minutes for the server to accept the new client.

Using 'getent netgroup nfs' on the server immediately shows the new entry of the client.

Running exportfs -rv to reload the exports also doesn't help.

Does nfsd cache mount access (rejections) somewhere? How can I flush/tune this cache? Preferably without restarting the NFS server as that causes a 90s interruption due to the grace period.

Regards,

Rik

--
Rik Theys