Re: NFSoRDMA developers bi-weekly meeting minutes (5/28)

On May 29, 2014, at 12:33 PM, Shirley Ma <shirley.ma@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 2. NFSoRDMA support with soft RoCE and Soft iWARP
>
> There were some discussions regarding whether removing RPCRDMA_REGISTER support (one of Chuck's patchset) would impact any other components in the stack. So far soft RoCE hasn't been upstreamed yet.There was a broad consensus not to support out-of-tree providers unless an issue also affects in-tree providers. NFSoRDMA will follow kernel development policy, all work should be based upon upstream kernel. However Chuck Level will check Soft RoCE plan, Steve Wise will check soft iWARP plan to make sure nothing will be broken in both kernel and OFED release.

I’ve confirmed OFED 3.12 does not have the soft RoCE provider, and it is also not in mainline. It’s sort of in the same limbo that the NFS/RDMA server-side code is.

I will pursue our technical questions with System Fabrics (authors of rxe).

--
Chuck Lever
chuck[dot]lever[at]oracle[dot]com